Thursday, May 9, 2013

Isaac loves Kirtland (and tours)!

On my birthday we went out to dinner, then stopped by the Historic Kirtland Visitor's Center to see a new art exhibit. We saw the sister missionaries that serve in our ward and they invited us into the room where they chat with people via mormon.org. It was interesting to see how it works and to watch them have a live chat with someone. As we were leaving, Isaac asked if we were taking a tour. I told him no since it was late and we needed to get home. He was so disappointed. He said, "I love tours! I want to take a tour! There's so much to see!", etc. It was the cutest, funniest thing. I had no idea he loves tours! I promised him I would take him on a tour another day. He wouldn't let me forget. He'd ask me every day after school if it was the day that we were going to Kirtland. I talked to the sister missionaries to find out their schedule and set up a day to go. Isaac loved his tour! He had a short attention span and ran from place to place, but he was really good and listened to what the missionaries said.





 We stopped at the lighthouse in Fairport Harbor on the way home. This is where the Saints landed when they moved from Palmyra to Kirtland. Isaac really wants to go to Nauvoo and Carthage now.

No comments: