I was invited to participate on a marathon relay team in Akron. I knew one of the ladies running, but she ended up not being able to run due to a stress fracture. I met up with Katie, Anna, Rachel and Roni on Friday night and we went out to dinner. Even though I had never met them before, it was a lot of fun to meet them and get to know each other. The next morning, Anna, Roni and I went to the start line for Roni to start us out. She ran 3.8 miles. Anna and I walked to the exchange zone. I got to see my neighbor run by--she was going for 1:14 in the half marathon (which she won with a time of 1:14.22--qualifying her to try out for the 2016 Olympics). She was cruising!! I ran the 2nd leg--4.8 miles. I felt great. It was so fun to run with so many other people and the whole time I knew I only had to run 4.8 miles, not 13.1 or 26.2. I passed a TON of people. Anna and Roni walked over to the next exchange zone, where I handed off to Anna. She ran 7.5 miles--I wasn't envious of her leg. Roni and I headed to the finish line. We got our food and hung out until Anna met back up with us. Then Katie joined us and we went to watch Rachel finish. Then we got our medals and picture taken. Then that was it! Jonathan and the kids came down too so we got ice cream, then headed back home. It was great! It was so fun to participate in a marathon without actually having to run a marathon. I would totally do it again.
Isaac announced during dinner one night that he wanted me to give him riding lessons after dinner. I knew he could do it because he could balance on a scooter. So we went out, I held on to the back of his seat and off he went. And that was it. He could ride a bike. He's been riding nonstop ever since! I love it!!
Natalie has been participating in cross country. For a 13-year-old freshman, she is having a great season! She wasn't motivated to run during the summer, so she had a slow start to the season, but she ended up running Varsity for a couple of races and improved her times a lot. Her PR for a 5K is 22:27. She is an alternate for the District race (is it bad to hope someone can't run so she can?). She's motivated to run next summer so here's hoping for an even better Sophomore season. And Megan will be running middle school XC next year!
1 comment:
I keep meaning to ask you how Natalie's running is going. Wow, she's so awesome! And I cannot believe your neighbor...1:14! I can't even imagine. I love your new dining set, it looks great! I cannot even describe how sick of my apartment and our crap furniture I am!
Post a Comment