Friday, May 25, 2007

Fun in the Sun




The kids and I have been swimming almost every day since the pools opened a few weeks ago. The water is still a little cold--it takes your breath away when you first get in but once you dunk yourself it's fine. Natalie and Megan are like fish. They get in water and just go, go, go. They are independent enough that I can devote my attention to Karen. Fortunately she is very cautious and doesn't walk to the edge of the pool and jump in.

We bought Karen a two-piece swimsuit where the top is a t-shirt. We thought it would be great sun protection. But she refuses to wear it. When I say "Do you want to wear your pink suit?" she says "No that's a shirt." So she's still wearing her old suit from last year.

I'm jealous of my kids' tans. I just stay white and get more freckles but they all have perfect tans.

2 comments:

Maja said...

I can't wait until swimming weather! I can't wait to swimming with u guys!!

Becca Jane said...

I hope we can swim in SF this summer! We'll have to see if Cam gets used to it or not. If not, we'll still come with you guys and just hang out on the deck!