Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekend in Michigan

Natalie
Megan and Hannah

We went to Michigan over the weekend to visit Christian, Robyn and their kids in their new digs. They have a great home in Portage with a really cool "lodge" basement. Jonathan and Christian primed the purple wall--soon it will be Baked Scone. Natalie, Megan and Hannah had fun sledding in the backyard (Megan's fun ended when she hit the fence). Karen and Nathan got into my makeup and got it on the walls, the carpet, a cabbage patch doll and themselves. Fortunately they were in a closet! We love visiting them and are glad to still live only 4 hours away from them.

Karen is potty training. I'm not sure how it's going. It's been two days and she's had more accidents than successes. I guess the successes should keep me going. I haven't made any plans this week so we'll stay at home and see if we can get this done. I am getting tired of baths and mopping up pee though!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember hiding in the closet and trying to put on my mom's mascara, needless to say I got it all over myself. I should clarify that I was 4.

Robyn said...

Thanks for coming! Nathan was asking for Karen yesterday--I think Rachel was being a bully and he wanted someone nice to play make-up with!

Becca Jane said...

I'm glad you live close to them! Popples are those stuffed animals that have a pouch on their back and you can fold them up into a ball. Remember?

Becca Jane said...

Oh that is a cute picture of Isaac! He looks like a Green!

Britt Butler said...

Sounds like y'all are having fun, despite the cold! We had a chocolate tasters table last night and we missed you! Thanks for all your comments on my blog(:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

You are right, you do get a ton more snow then us...but we take what we can get. Just not all the time. Isaac stores his weight in his cheeks...soo cute.