We went to the Brown Deer Village Pond on Saturday. The kids had a blast for 4 hours. I applied sunscreen but apparently I should have reapplied sunscreen because we all got fried. In my (weak) defense, I wasn't planning to stay for 4 hours. So reapplication wasn't on the brain. Jonathan stopped by with his troupe of Cub Scouts for day camp and the kids loved seeing their dad for a little while.
Today I put Isaac down for an early nap, spent a long time applying sunscreen, woke Isaac up from a sound sleep and pulled up to the pond only to find out that it was closed. Lame. So we headed to Lake Michigan instead. The frigid water did not keep the kids out of the lake. But the sand kept my camera away so I have no pictures.
Hopefully the pond will be open tomorrow. So we can survive the heat advisory. Even though it says to stay out of the sun. Hmmm...
3 comments:
I hear you about the sunscreen. This is supposed to be our first really warm week too, and today my kids were playing outside all day and poor Lily got a little sunburn. I feel like such a bad mom! The whole month of June has been rainy, which has been great for my last month of pregnancy - I can't complain...but I think we're supposed to be up to 95 by the end of the week. It's officially here!
Its so muggy, even 89 feels worse than it sounds. I'm not a huge fan of sunscreen (its such a hassle) but I think I'll need to do better with it this summer.
Knit them some full-coverage swimwear!
Post a Comment