Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Update--the birds have come! My feeder is half empty. I want to put up some more feeders and maybe a bird bath. I love birds! Saturday morning was spent moving beds from one kids' room to another. We've had a hard time coming up with the right set-up but we think we've got it. I won't bore you with all the details but just know that the bunkbeds have now been in all 3 rooms. And we've only lived here for 4 months. Now Isaac has the guest room. And we ordered pony bedding for Karen's room. I hope it's not too tacky. I'm trying to remember what we did the rest of the day...apparently nothing very memorable.
We had a nice Memorial Day. I went for a jog. My first in a couple of weeks. I was out of town 2 weeks ago and I was sick last week--that's my excuse. I don't have one for this week so hopefully I'll run at least a few times. We worked on our garden. We built a frame for it. Unfortunately that's as far as we got. We need to level it and get topsoil. Jonathan fertilized our lawn and then it rained (!!). The hope is for our lawn to get thicker and greener and for the weeds to disappear. We hung up pictures and curtains. Monday evening we had a BBQ with a few other families. It was a fun time. Good food, good conversation, good games of corn hole. The weather held up perfectly until a storm blew us home in perfect time to put the kids to bed.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so looking forward to when we get bunkbeds - and you make an excellent point about how fun it can be to move them around. Your lawn is looking nice, from that picture around Karen (I think?)

Evie wants me to tell you that you've got a cool frog.

Becca Jane said...

We're going to get bunkbeds as soon as Roo is out of a crib (not soon, i hope!).

I can't wait until we have a garden. In Venice (Utah, not Italy!), Trish was showing me her cool garden, full of onions and asparagus and strawberries. How fun to have your own produce section in your yard!

Can't wait to see the pony sheets.

Adam Green said...

Sounds fun - the boys are SO excited to see the girls. We will write it on our calendar. Did you ever hear anything specific from Peter?

Keri said...

Why do I remember that you like birds? I do though. :)

Robyn said...

So, I want to hear the details--which rooms did the kids end up with? And I want pictures of curtains--or maybe we just need to come visit again. I'm so glad you guys seem to be liking it there...