Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Forest

Karen, Isaac and I went hiking on some trails close to our house. Other than the pesky bugs, it was perfect. I love how green and lush it is here.
Yesterday I got seeds and tomato plants to start our garden. Our yard is pretty shaded because of the big trees--unless we make a plot in our front lawn which isn't going to happen. Just like we didn't put a satellite dish in our front yard so we could watch BYU games this fall. Sniff, sniff. Anyway, I found a spot that gets sun most of the day and should work. We have to build a frame and get some top soil before we can plant. That will be our Memorial Day weekend project. I also planted impatiens (my favorite annual) in pots on my front porch. They are little and pathetic right now but hopefully they will grow and be beautiful this summer. I bought a bird feeder but no birds have come yet. Does it take birds awhile to find a new feeder? If I don't get results soon I'm going to return it and try another kind. I see red and blue birds occasionally and I'm hoping to see more of them more often.

3 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

So pretty!! Makes me think of the first vision.

Joni said...

It is really pretty. I, too, thought of the Sacred Grove!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

not to sound like a know-it-all but it can take 2 or more weeks before the birds find it then after that, there will be tons. love the photos.
maybe you are a tree-hugger