I have had a crazy two weeks. First a few days in Utah, then a week with my parents here and then a few days in Wisconsin. I'm actually ready to be home for awhile and have a normal routine. Just in time for school to let out. Then I'll have to figure out a new routine...
When we told the kids we were moving to Ohio, I promised Natalie that I'd bring her back for the 4th grade field trip to Madison, WI. It was a way to soften the blow of moving. So last Tuesday she and I hit the road. Jonathan took a couple of days off work (sort of) to stay with the other kids and friends from church filled in the holes.
I dropped Natalie off at her friend Alexis' house that night and then basically didn't see her the rest of time we were there. She had the field trip on Wednesday and went to school on Thursday. She had an absolute ball and her class loved seeing her. Part of me wished I had brought the other kids with me, but it was nice to have the time to myself.
I had lunch with friends (2 lunches the first day!), saw the Dead Sea scrolls exhibit with Patty, hung out at the church during Activity Days and saw many ward members, ate at the Cheesecake Factory with a few of my MOMS Club friends, shopped and ran errands by myself (a rare occurrence), hung out with Katie while she was also kid-free, and had dinner and saw a movie (Letters to Juliet) with a group of friends from church. It was busy and such a fun time.
Everyone kept telling me what a great mom I am to bring Natalie back for the field trip. But I didn't mind the excuse to come back at all! The real heroes are Jonathan and my friends here for making it possible.
4 comments:
I'm SO glad we got to be able to visit, even just for a couple of minutes. I hadn't realized you came back just for her - so cool! Next time you're in the area, give me a heads up and we'll do something fun (though maybe not as cool as the Cheesecake Factory), too!
Really though, you are a cool/ caring mom to do that for Natalie.
I love a quick get-a-way. How nice is it to run errands by yourself?!! Sounds like you had lots of fun!
Thanks so much for coming! It was great spending time with you! Next time, we will all have to head your way!
:) Patty
Post a Comment