Monday, May 24, 2010

Memo

Spring finally got the memo and made an appearance today. Well, actually it's more like summer but after weeks and weeks of cold and rain, I'll take 80 degrees and sunny. After running errands, we headed to the park. What a gorgeous day!
This afternoon I gave the van a much needed washing. The kids had fun playing in the water and even proved to be a little useful with the cleaning. Here are a few shots of our front landscaping. Even though our house came landscaped, we ended up changing most of it. Some of the plants were dead and others were in places that I didn't like. The only thing the same are the 3 bushes next to the porch and the rocks. We planted the dogwood, day lilies, hydrangea and boxwoods. In this picture, we moved the 3 boxwoods and the tree (it used to be where the dogwood is), bought and planted the hostas, day lilies, grasses and bleeding heart. We moved a juniper tree and a bush (like the 3 we left alone) to the side of the house.
Here's an overview shot. We still need to fix the front part too--we moved those 3 plants there until we decide what to do with them/what to put there. Any suggestions? One bush is pretty much dead--it has small signs of life but it's probably going to go soon.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Your yard looks great! I'm so jealous of your 80 degrees. We had a SERIOUS snow storm this morning...like I had to go out and cover all my flower pots and garden plants at 7am with garbage bags. And then it snowed about half the day. IT'S ALMOST JUNE! I can't take it. I need summer asap!

Becca Jane said...

I want your porch. Your house is gorgeous...lucky!

I wish our kids could play together.

Robyn said...

Looks good! Sounds like a lot of work. I really want to rip out a few plants around my house, but I'm a little intimidated. We did put in a mini garden, though.

Catherine Faux said...

What a beautiful house!