Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Always Gets the Shaft

In college, my brother Steve wrote a song called Thanksgiving Always Gets the Shaft. I have no idea how it goes, but it's always made us laugh. I was good to Thanksgiving this year. I left all my fall decorations up and didn't get any Christmas stuff out.
So Thanksgiving. It was awesome this year! Christian, Robyn & crew arrived on Wednesday afternoon from Fort Wayne. Peter, Courtney and Bethany arrived a couple of hours later from DC. The kids immediately attacked Peter and pretty much didn't leave him alone the rest of the time he was here. He was an amazingly good sport. At some point he got nicknamed Uncle Skinny Jeans which morphed into Aunt Skinny Jeans. He may never lose that moniker.
We had a lot of awesome food. Omelets, black bean soft tacos with homemade tortillas, Brazilian Lemonade, trifle, all the usual Thanksgiving fare, fancy sparkling grape juice, hoagie sandwiches, pumpkin cookies, appetizers, etc. We were constantly cleaning and messing up the kitchen. Robyn and Courtney helped me make my first rolls. Robyn was the dough consultant and Courtney rolled them out and formed them all.
We had fun staying up late talking. We watched Psych, Modern Family, BYU Basketball, a cheesy Christmas movie (sorry guys), the Packers/Lions game, the dog show, the parade. We played Wii. We played games. Jonathan, Christian and Peter dominated at the Turkey Bowl. It was all so fun! My highlight was going to see Breaking Dawn with the ladies and Peter. We were the peanut gallery, laughing and commenting through the entire movie. We're all mad we have to wait a year for the next one. Jonathan and Christian dutifully put up the Christmas lights while we were gone.
The weather was so nice on Saturday and we went to see Lake Erie. We had lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I finally got a nap. The rest of the day was games, a baptism and BYU basketball.
Peter and Courtney with their nanny & 4 children


Fun times!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the shot of Peter, Courtney, their nanny and the kids. I glimpse of what may come...
Thanks for hosting! Can you send me some pictures so I can totally copy your post?

Brooke said...

Your Thanksgiving sounded like so much fun! I love the way you have decorated your house it is so cute!!!