Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Robyn and I realized that we've spent the last 7 New Year's Eves together. 2005: Indiana (when we lived there), 2006 & 2007: North Carolina, 2008: Wisconsin, 2009: Michigan, 2010: Ohio and 2011: Indiana. We are quite the travelers!

We left on Wednesday and arrived around dinnertime so we ate at Culvers. It's always a hightlight since we don't live by one anymore. The kids were so excited to arrive at Christian & Robyn's house and see their cousins.
The next day I took Natalie over to her friend Alexis' house top spend the night. I spent the afternoon with Emily. We talked, went out to lunch, and watched New Years' Eve. It was fun to see her and spend time with her like old times. For now I'm glad she lives in Indiana so I can see her when I go there. Once I move back to Wisconsin, I'll wish she was still there.
On Friday we watched the BYU vs Tulsa bowl game. The game started out pretty lame--no offense, yet stellar defense and special teams to keep us in it. Then with 11 seconds left, BYU pulled off a dramatic win. It was a great end to a fun season. I was able to watch every single game this season--I love independence! We also watched a couple of BYU basketball games during the week.
On Saturday we went out to lunch and to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was hilarious! I highly recommend it. Devin and Stephanie Snowberger also came with us--our neighbors from when we lived in Fort Wayne. Their daughter Kiana and Natalie were the babysitters. It was fun to be out with just the adults. Then that evening Robyn made a great spread of food and we ate and forced ourselves to stay awake until  the ball dropped at midnight. Happy New Year!
Snowberger Family
I was a fan of Christmas on a Sunday. New Year's Day--not so much. Especially with 9:00am church. But we made it there on time, managed to stay awake and then I enjoyed a 3 hour nap that afternoon. We drove home on Monday. Jonathan stayed behind and rented a car to drive to Milwaukee for the week so I was on my own. I was worried it was going to be in a snowstorm but we had great weather until the last 5 minutes of the drive. I was grateful for that blessing. The kids went back to school on Tuesday and now it's back to a busy routine. Which also means I probably won't be blogging as much as I have the past couple of weeks.

3 comments:

amy said...

I LOVE it that Isaac has a nerf gun!!!

Becca Jane said...

I love that top picture too, it's adorable!

Robyn said...

Thanks again for coming!