Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Megan!

Megan hit double digits on Christmas--10 years old! It can be a bit tricky to juggle Christmas and a birthday on the same day but Megan is a champ and always has a great day. It also helps that she's really easy to shop for. Hopefully it stays that way.
She asked to open her presents as soon as we were done opening Christmas presents. In the past we've waited and had a separate celebration, but it's her birthday so I wasn't going to deny her.
She got art supplies...
a remote control helicopter (bringing the family collection to 4)...
and a giant stuffed elephant.
Confession: we ate her birthday cake two days after her birthday. We didn't have it decorated in time for Christmas (plus none of us felt like eating cake) and the next day we spent the evening with friends. But like I said before, Megan is a champ, goes with the flow and loves her birthday. Her Perry the Platypus cake turned out as cute as her penguin cake.


Trip down memory lane...
18 months old
6 years old

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL. I love you Megan Elizabeth!!!!!

Catherine Faux said...

Happy Birthday Megan! BTW, when I saw that picture of Megan at 18 mos my first thought was, "how did they get a picture of Alice?" then I realized it was a baby pic of Megan. They look a lot alike...