Thursday, December 22, 2011

Megan's Birthday Party

I was brave and threw Megan a birthday party a few days before Christmas. It made for a busy, hectic week, but it turned out well and the kids had a lot of fun. She invited 5 girls over and first they created a giant piece of wall art. They had fun drawing and writing random stuff all over it.
They made hand-print snowmen ornaments
directions here
and decorated wooden picture frames and created pieces of art to display inside of them. And played several games. And had pizza for dinner.  
Julia & Cassandra

Megan & Becca

An attempted group shot but they were being crazy!
Julie, Becca, Izzy, Julia, Megan, Kassandra
Megan's cake was really cool. We did a frozen frosting transfer. Megan drew a picture of a penguin and we laid a piece of saran-wrap over it. Next we outlined the picture with black frosting and then filled in the picture with the different colors. It was surprisingly easy and turned out really well for our first attempt. I used my checkerboard cake insert to make her cake green and white checkered--also very cool. 

10 candles!


3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

LOVE that cake! I'm confused about the frosting transfer though, you'll have to explain it to me on the phone sometime. I am realizing that Roo's birthday is coming up fast!

M said...

Wow, I want you to throw me a birthday party! Sounds like lots of fun. I love the tree decorations they made, will have to try that out next year.

Bushchicken said...

Way to go on the frozen buttercream transfer!