Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dandelions




On Saturday I got to mow the lawn! I love the "real" grass in Wisconsin--I always hated the bermuda grass and orange dirt in Georgia. There are dandelions everywhere. I was trying to fight the urge to weed our lawn since we're moving in a few weeks but in the end I had to start pulling them. Jonathan and I had fun seeing how long the roots were--some were a foot long! I only have about 500 to go. We also tried to have fun playing games with the kids--crows & cranes, red light/green light, tag--but each game ended in tears so we finally gave up.

I had a Happy Mother's Day. The kids made cute cards and projects at school and they got me some flowers (to plant) and chocolate. Isaac is getting his first tooth. We are hoping that he will crawl one of these days. He hates being on his tummy so I'm not sure how this will happen. I'm actually enjoying his immobility. I'll have to baby proof once he starts moving. And clean more.

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Those are amazing pictures! Aaron is getting his first tooth, too. We should race to see who's kid crawls first!

DeAnn said...

I hope you win!

Becca Jane said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Those pictures are so great, I love Natalie's! You could frame those.
I know what you mean about the crawling thing, Cam was the same way. He didn't crawl until he was 9 months old, and then he crawled for nearly 5 months! His knees were BLACK every evening cuz it was right during the summer, so he was always wearing shorts. I can't wait to see you!

Melinda said...

What a lot of dandelions!! You got some excellent pictures, though. Glad you enjoyed your mother's day!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

I feel the same about this Georgia Red Dirt...showers everyday for the kids. I love your "field of flowers".

COLE said...

karen is so photogenic! i like her candid pose. hope you had a happy mother's day! :)

THE GREEN MandMS said...

We love the pictures. Very Cute.

Anonymous said...

Natalie looks beautiful, in fact all your kids are beautiful.

Stanley said...

i just love your pictures and the kids look so happy