Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa

Megan riding the dragon on the carousel at the zoo. Karen "doing a show" at the children's museum. "Ta-da!"
Natalie hiding in the tulips at the botanical gardens.
Isaac's first swim. He loved it!
Mommy and Isaac.
We had a great visit with my parents. We went to the zoo, played at the children's museum, saw the tulips and flowering trees at the botanical gardens, toured a brewery (fortunately they also make soda so we had something besides beer to sample), walked along the beach, swam at the hotel pool, watched American Idol and The Office, and ate lots of yummy food. I discovered Culver's with their butterburgers and frozen custard. Unbelievably good! Karen loved her daily trek to the park with grandpa and I enjoyed a week off of dishwashing courtesy of my dad. Natalie and Megan enjoyed playing Bananagrams and Skip-Bo with grandma. Karen cried when they left yesterday. We are looking forward to a visit from Bethany and Grandpa Green in a few weeks!



4 comments:

COLE said...

your parents look great...they haven't changed at all! i miss hanging out with your fam! :)

Becca Jane said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good time, I'm sure it makes mom and dad SO happy to keep a strong relationship with their grandkids!!

Stanley said...

it looks like you had such a wonderful time. it is neat to see Jonathan with thekids, they are growing up so fast. I can't wait to come and visit it will be soon.

Britt Butler said...

Cute pictures! Your kids are growing up so fast, especially Isaac! How are y'all doing?! Sorry I didn't call you in Chicago, I didn't know you were so close! It would've been fun to see you and I actually would have had time too): Think you'll ever come back to visit?! Well, keep in touch!