Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Pictures

Natalie, Karen and Megan riding Belle in Eagle Mountain
My 2-year-old nephew Cameron. He's so cute, sweet, good, busy and has the sweetest little voice. I'll miss hearing him say words over and over. And he made "DeAnn" sound so good!

Andrew, Ella, Karen, Megan and Natalie playing in the pool.
Great-Grandpa Ben and Sam. We were lucky that Ben was in town for my cousins' weddings (yes, 2 within a couple of weeks) and we got to see him twice. It'd been a few years and it was fun to reconnect.
We also got to visit Great-Grandma Green in Layton. Sam with his birthday haul. He turned 12 on August 17 and we celebrated early while he was in town. We had maple bars. Yum!!

Isaac's birthday cake made by Andrea
Isaac stuck his hands in the frosting right away and then wasn't sure what to do with it.
He figured it out pretty quickly though and loved his cupcake.

After the festivities Michelle, Sam and I had fun on the trampoline.

Synchronized jumping in honor of the Olympics. Thank you to Grandpa Green for hosting Isaac's party. There were a lot of Warners there. In times past there used to be more Greens!
Salem Days Parade. Isaac fell asleep in the hot sun. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my dad and I running the 5K. My dad got first in his age group and I finished! I had only run 5 times the week before so I was happy to be able to run (jog) the whole thing and not get a side ache!
Karen watching the parade go by. She and Megan collected a TON of candy.
A good shot of Isaac's lashes.

Herding sheep in Glenwood.
Megan learned to ride the 4 wheeler in about 5 seconds.
Natalie remembered from last summer. Grandpa Warner took them fishing and they caught 2 fish.
My cute, pregnant sister Becky (well, everyone else calls her Becca these days).
Cooking hot dogs in Steve and Andrea's back yard. They live in Sandy and we got to spend a few days with them. Our kids got along SO well and I enjoyed spending time with Andrea. She and I went to dinner at the Training Table while Steve put the older kids to bed.
Andrew, Natalie, Megan, Cameron, Ella and Karen at Wheeler Farm. Isaac's favorite past time was taking Ivy's Binky.
Karen and Ella were princesses almost the entire time we were at their house. These two played so well together. It was fun to watch.
Karen and Ella on the train at This Is The Place Heritage Park (that's a long title!).
A view of the train and the Salt Lake Valley.
Karen doing her favorite thing. Too bad it only happens once or twice a year.
We loved our time in Utah. We got to see so many family and friends. My kids always ask me if we can move back. It's not in the plans but then again either were any of the other places we've lived so we'll just see where life take us!
The flight home was great. Natalie and Megan watched movies on the iPods most of the way, Karen entertained (or bugged!) the college student next to her and Isaac sat well on my lap the whole time. He made friends with the people sitting around us. He never fell asleep but I was so relieved that he didn't cry. Jonathan flew in before us so he was behind security and waiting for us at the gate. It felt like the old days when people could meet you at the gate.

7 comments:

Becca Jane said...

I'm so glad you're home safe and that the flight didn't do you in!!
How did I miss the synchronized trampoline jumping?? How fun!
That picture of me makes me laugh...I look like I'm trying to look pregnant!
It was so fun having you here, I'm sad you're gone for another year.
We just sold our headboard. Just need to get the dresser sold and our walls decorated now!

Alexia said...

I had soo much fun playing with the kids--they are so adorable! I can't believe how fast they are growing up.

ashley said...

Cute cute pictures!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Hey, I was in Utah the same time! I was there for Ed. Weed at BYU...yeah, I grad. from there, but never went, so now I can say I did. But looking at your Eagle Mnt. pics...Trent has two sisters living there, it looked very familiar. Too bad we didn't hook up, I didn't realize you were there. Looks like you had a blast.

Andrew said...

Beautiful family. Found your blog on the
http://spanishforkhighschool1993.blogspot.com/
Looks like you're doing well. Hope things continue that way for you.
Andy Atwood

Keri said...

I'm glad you had a good flight...that's always stressful with kids. Next time you're in Utah you'll have to give us a call if you have time. I know it's always a rush trying to see everyone and family, but it would be fun to see you guys!

Stephanie said...

Hooray! A new entry! I am so religous about your blog that I almost called you on the phone to see when you were going to post again! Not really, but it was close.

You guys look like you are having so much fun. I LOVE the mountains & riding horses. If you ever move there, take me with you!

Sad Stephanie in Swampy Indiana (with no mountains!)