Saturday, November 1, 2008
Trick-or-Treat
I was really tired last night and wasn't looking forward to trick or treating. Bah humbug! Well, I was being a stinker because it ended up being so much fun. The community we live in is kind of weird because they do trick or treating on the Sunday before Halloween. What is up with that? Especially when Halloween falls on a Friday. A 70 degree Friday. Jonathan's co-worker has to register to hand out candy in her neighborhood so there are all sorts of crazies around here! We headed to a neighboring community that is sane and celebrates Halloween on Halloween. The nice thing was that we didn't have to be at our house to hand out candy so it was a great family outing. Natalie went as Joe the Plumber--everyone got a kick out of that. Especially the houses with McCain signs (and we saw a lot!). Megan was a skeleton. I was impressed with our duct tape handiwork. Karen was a princess. It was actually her first time trick or treating. She had no desire to go last year and was content to walk the neighborhood with Grandpa and get no candy. She loved it last night. My mom even got into the festivities and dressed up. We went with a couple of other families and had a really fun, pleasant evening. Isaac was happy and content in the stroller the whole time. He loved playing with the candy when we got home. He moved it from the bowl to a plastic bag and then back again. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, Mom looks great! That's hilarious about Natalie! Glad you guys had a fun time and that you were all well enough to go!
I'm glad you got to do Halloween on HALLOWEEN! :) Your pictures are so cute! Looks like a fun clan!
Sounds fun! I was being a bit of a party-pooper, too, last night, but eventually I dressed up and had fun seeing all the neighbors.
That looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the costumes. Joe the Plumber is very clever and I love that Megan was a skeleton and that Karen didn't care about the candy last time. There are such strong personalities in your family and I think that's great.
Grandma looks great! Next year i want to see you dressed up!
hahaha. that's hilarious about Natalie, yet appropriate since she loves to talk about taxes.
Post a Comment