Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Week of Summer

The kids and I went to Michigan for a few days. We didn't have anything planned and the thought of a week of that didn't sound promising. The drive went well and the cousins played well together. It's been great living within 4 hours of Christian & Robyn for the past 3 years. We've gotten to know each other very well. Christian put the kids to bed and Robyn and I went to see movies two nights in a row. We also went to the Air Zoo again.
Here are the 8 cousins: Aaron, Nathan, Isaac, Karen, Natalie, Megan, Hannah & Rachel
Nathan and Karen flying an airplane
Natalie, Hannah, Megan, Nathan and Rachel
Natalie defying gravity, or something
Hannah, Megan and Natalie--they played well without too much drama this trip (sometimes 3 is a crowd)
We got back in town just in time for Back To School Night. I met the girls' teachers. Karen is starting morning 4K, Megan is in 2nd grade and Natalie will be in 4th grade. They all have great teachers. I've loved all of the elementary schools they've attended (4!!) and all their teachers (8). I can't wait for September 1. Isaac and I will party!!

Friday afternoon Amy, Emily and I headed to Elkhart Lake for a Lucas Cates gig. It was an outside show--those are my favorite. But it rained this time. After the first set we noticed scary black clouds rolling in. As the band was frantically covering their gear in tarps it started to pour. We huddled under the table umbrella and enjoyed the second set. Kenny sang "Electrocution" after each song. Eventually the water pooled on our table and we got wet. We stood for the last few songs but decided not to stick around for the last set. We were about the only ones left so we wonder if they even played the last set. They all seemed tired and ready to call it a night.


3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

what movies did you see? that air zoo place looks fun!!

ashley said...

that air zoo looks pretty cool!

Robyn said...

Thanks for coming!