Monday, January 4, 2010

The End of an Era

After a 4 month drought I got to go see the Lucas Cates Band with my friends on Saturday night. After a brief scare that they weren't really playing, we headed to Madison. We grabbed dinner at Culver's, then arrived at Kickshaw for the gig. We always try to arrive early so we can chat with the band as they are setting up. But we got there and they were already playing...doh. Turns out we just missed a couple of songs and not my favorites because I got to hear all of those. The host asked us if we were there to eat, drink or watch the band. Ummmm...#3. We got a table right up front. When we sat down we all started laughing because we were sitting eye level with Lucas who was just a few feet away. They played "unplugged" so they were all sitting down. They performed some of their more mellow pieces that we usually don't get to hear live so that was a nice change. It was a really fun time. I've been following the band for just over a year now and while I think the band is great and it's been fun to get to know them a little, the real fun has been having a good group of girlfriends to hang out with, laugh with, count on, etc. I'm really going to miss these ladies. I can't even think about it. Amy, Emily, Katie, me, Emily

3 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

I'm glad it was such a memorable time! So sad I missed it! You will have to find out if they are playing the mid-east (?) circuit so you can introduce some newbies to TLCB.

Seriously, don't move!

Keri said...

Oh, that makes me sad just reading it! It's hard to leave such a good group of friends, but I'm sure you'll find some more in your new area. Change is hard, but good. I'm feeling for you though!

Whitney said...

mmm Culvers. I am so sad you have to leave your good friends. You seem to have had some great people where you live.