Sunday, May 22, 2011

Recap

I had a flurry of posts and then nothing. May is flying by so here's a rundown of what we've been doing. My birthday was the at end of April (same day as the royal wedding). The kids got me delightfully random presents. My friend/visiting teacher made me a cake. We went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The bass player from TLCB wished me a happy birthday on facebook. It was a nice day. On a Friday night I participated in a 2 hour Zumbathon: 2 hours of nonstop Zumba in a hot, smelly gymnasium. Not my usual idea of a fun Friday night but my friend Rebecca and I had a blast. And it was all for a good cause--the American Cancer Society.

Natalie was selected to represent her school at a county math competition. Her team took 2nd place overall. She also played in her first violin recital. And her 5th grade band performed (she plays flute). I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. She was lucky to be able to do 5th grade band this year--the program got cut for next year but she'll have band at the middle school. I got to go on a field trip with her class. They needed a chaperon last minute and my friends came through for me to watch Karen and Isaac so I could go. It was my first field trip in years...I think I went with Megan on one when she was in preK.
Math team, her teacher and the other team from her school
Touring a 1800s school house at Century Village in Burton, Ohio
Megan presented her animal project and had her spring choir concert. She is also busy with soccer. Sometimes I wonder why I sign my kids up for so many things! Piano, choir, soccer...
Karen is doing great with her reading, has finally started progressing with her swimming and has almost mastered riding her bike. I can't believe she'll be done with Kindergarten soon and attending full day school before I know it!

Isaac's play group went to the fire station. There's just something so cute about little boys and fire trucks. Isaac went camping with Jonathan to our stake's Fathers and Sons camp-out. He had a fun time. He loved wearing his "camping shirt" (a flannel shirt) and had fun roasting marshmallows (he'd say, "look it has chocolate on it" whenever he'd burn one). Natalie, Megan, Karen and I had a fun GNO--dinner at the Olive Garden and shopping at the mall. It was a little crazy at times, but in the end we got everything we needed and all 3 girls came home satisfied.

5 comments:

Becca Jane said...

I love that picture of you with your kids! I told Cam he gets to play with Isaac this summer, he is excited!!

Leslie said...

I love catching up with your cute family. Happy belated birthday! We are excited to see you guys in 2 weeks.

Brenda said...

Definitely a CUTE family!

Robyn said...

Sounds fun! Our ward canceled the Father/Son campout. Its fun sometimes to do activities without the whole pack of kids at the same time...I imagine eating out is much more enjoyable with kids who actually care!

Steve said...

fun times for everyone, you have such bright kids! why do we sign them up for so much stuff? :) they definitely will look back and be grateful for an awesome childhood. See you soon! Training Table anyone???