Friday, June 10, 2011
The Moving Bug Strikes Again
But this time it's not us that's moving (thank goodness!). Natalie's best friend Allyson moved back to Arkansas. She and her family moved to Madison in January. Her dad is an engineer and does contract work so he's always working in different places. Last year the family hardly saw him so for this job, they decided to come to Ohio with him. After being paired for a social studies assignment, Natalie and Allyson became fast and inseparable friends. As did her mother and I.
Her family was moving back to Arkansas before the school year was over. I kept jokingly saying that Allyson could live with us to finish the school year (not thinking it could work out since Ohio and Arkansas aren't all that close) Well, turns out we made it work. Allyson's dad was coming back to work another week in Ohio (he'd been in Texas for a few weeks) so she moved in with us and then went back home with him a week later. I was happy to eek out another week for Natalie and Allyson. She was an absolute delight and we all miss her now that she's back home in Arkansas. She ended up missing the last 7 days of school and Natalie was a little lost without her. I wish they were going to middle school together. I'd feel better about sending Natalie to that new frontier with a best friend. But Natalie attended 5 schools in her 6 elementary years and has always managed to make fast, good friends. I have complete faith in her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You scared me!! I was going to be mad if I found out you were moving via your blog!!! That's still sad though, moving can be a hard, hard thing....it was definitely one of the toughest things I've ever gone through.
Awwww, man! My heart leaped when I saw that title in my feed reader. I thought you might be moving back to FW! Poor Natalie. I'm sure she pretty resilient at this point from changing schools so many times, but having a close friend move away is still hard on a young girl. Especially just before the summer break. You could always send her up here for the summer... ;-)
You really scared me!
They look like they could be sisters. I guess in their hearts they are.
Post a Comment