Friday, June 10, 2011

Mulch

The catch-up continues...(and sorry about the scare in the previous post...I couldn't resist)

Due to rain and soccer, we kept procrastinating our spring yard clean-up. We spent the Saturday morning of Memorial Day weekend spreading mulch at our church. Then continued the fun at our house with 3 yards of top soil and 4 yards of mulch. Since we didn't finish on Saturday, we got to complete the task in humid, 90 degree heat on Memorial Day. Ugh.The dirt was to mound the flower beds. I should have weeded before I snapped the lower picture... The good news is next year, we only have to spread mulch. Actually, I take that back since we want to create new planting areas along the sides and back of our home. So I guess the good news is that we don't have to do this again until next year. It had a high pay-off though--our yard looks great!
My mom flew in on Saturday night. We hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving so we were all happy to have her come visit. This is the only picture I took of her visit. Oops. This is at our Memorial Day BBQ we had with friends--after we killed ourselves working in the yard. She came to babysit so Jonathan and I could go to Utah for Peter's wedding (next post...). Isn't that so nice of her?! I think it is. The kids had a great time with her and she did a great job being a soccer mom--swim/gym class, piano lessons, soccer practice/game, school lunches, homework, practicing, etc. After we got home from dropping her off at the airport, Isaac told me he misses Grandma. And today he asked me to go to Utah so Grandma could come watch him. Sweet.
Speaking of Isaac, he's potty trained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It only took him 3 years and 10 months. I kept telling myself: he won't be 12 and in diapers. The funny thing was that I had backed off last month so my mom wouldn't have to deal with a 1/2 way potty trained child. But he did this all on his own 2 days before I left for Utah. He got his potty prize yesterday (a Mazin' Hamster that's been sitting on top of the fridge for months) and he'll get to go to Chuck E. Cheese once I'm convinced he won't mess his pants anymore... At Sam's Club yesterday, I bought him a box of fruit roll-ups instead of a box of diapers. Happy day!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Go Isaac! You are really lucky to have such an awesome Mom :)