Here's Megan with her friend Julie. They shared a "wing" of our tent.
And Natalie and Faith trying to not smile. They got their own tent.
Isaac and Karen were pretty excited about the tent. They asked to go to bed so they got in their pajamas and we tucked them in. But soon they came out to play and got their pajamas soaking wet. So they both had to sleep in their clothes. Note to self: pack extra pjs next time.
Here's our Tent City. The other families rigged this up before we arrived so they had a place to huddle and escape the rain. We got a good fire going and had fun making s'mores and talking.
Isaac was kind of grumpy in the morning. Watching Cars on the iTouch calmed him down. We loved his pose here. Fortunately he was happy the rest of the time.
The next morning we packed up camp and headed to the Pymatuning Lake Spillway. There were hundreds of thousands of carp all swimming on top of each other gorging themselves on the bread that all the tourists threw in. It was gross and fascinating at the same time.
A family shot by the lake
The whole group--8 adults and 12 kids.
Feeding the carp

Monday, June 27, 2011
Rain, Rain Go Away
We finally went camping as a whole family. Megan has been asking us to go for years. We went a couple of years ago but Natalie and Megan were in Utah so it was just 4 of us. We bought a family tent called the Vacation Lodge. It sleeps 10 and Jonathan can stand upright in it. It's pretty sweet.
We camped with 3 other families who all went up on Thursday night. We didn't join them until Friday evening--Jonathan had to work on Friday and I wanted to watch Jimmer get drafted on Thursday. We lucked out because it only rained a little while we were there (except for the pounding rain storm in the middle of the night) but the others endured rain Thursday and Friday. I guess we're lucky they stuck it out so they were still there when we got there. I didn't even want to stay when we arrived. It was wet and muddy but I'm glad we stuck it out because we had a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"A Family Shot by the Lake" ha, ha! I read this on Kiana's tablet so the photos didn't download right away. When I saw that caption, I was thinking guns, ambulances, & possibly floating bodies (too many NCIS reruns I guess)! I was glad it was just all of you looking happy. We miss you!
Sound like fun! Glad we got to see you guys while we were there.
Thanks for posting these photos. My camera battery died by the time we got to the spillway. Thanks for being a trooper. Wish I could control the weather!
Post a Comment