Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Whole Lot of Nothin'

So we've been having kind of a weird, boring summer. But it's been okay. I guess that's what's weird about it. I keep waiting for my kids to start complaining and tell me they're bored, but it hasn't really happened. So I guess the only person complaining is me. We went swimming at the Outdoor YMCA the first day of summer vacation (way back on June 8). It was super hot that day and not as crowded because most of the other school districts were having their last day of school. So it was fun and perfect. But we haven't really done anything since then and we haven't really hung out with anyone. Yet I'm liking the lack of schedule. The kids are having fun playing with each other. Karen and Isaac have become the best little buds. I love to hear them play and laugh together. It makes me happy. Natalie, Megan and Karen all played school together for a few days. It made a mess of my front room, but I liked that they were having fun (and not watching TV!). We go to the library, run errands, go to swim/art/violin lessons (depends on the kid), pick strawberries, catch frogs, but not much else. I've been getting a nap every afternoon which has been heavenly. So I always have that feeling that I should be doing more, planning more, providing more, but I guess I'm just supposed to relax and enjoy the fact that my kids are happy with each other. Right?
So after that big long monologue, we have done 2 other exciting things. Last week (way back on June 13), we drove to the west side of Cleveland to visit my friend Amy. She lives in Wisconsin but was on vacation visiting her in-laws. I was so happy to see her. The kids were a little shy around each other at first. But then it was hard to tear them away when it was time to go because they had just started playing really well. I had such a great time talking to Amy. I miss her.
The other thing is that we went camping. But that gets its own post.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Yes, you should be very grateful that the kids aren't complaining~!

Becca Jane said...

You think YOUR kids are bored? Atleast you can play with your kids....my poor kids have a beached whale for a mother this year. Blah...

Last summer I went to Oregon, Nashville, John Mayer...it rocked. Atleast I get to see YOU twice this year, that's awesome!!