Monday, August 29, 2011
Back to School
Natalie, Megan and Karen started school last week (Wednesday, August 24). They were all excited but I was nervous about Natalie going to the middle school and Karen starting full day school (I had to pack her a lunch!). Megan got Natalie's 4th grade teacher--this is the first time we've been at a school long enough for that to happen! And she got her closest friends in her class so I wasn't too worried about her. She had a great week! Karen also loved everything. She did just fine and I worried for nothing. Natalie was so brave and had a great first week of middle school. Now that she's in middle school, it doesn't feel scary anymore--I guess it was just the anticipation for me! She came home on her second day of school and said she made a new best friend. They sit by each other in band (both play flute), have every class together and their lockers are next to each other. Natalie has also been welcomed into her new friend's previous circle of friends. I know the mom of one of the other girls and she wrote this on my facebook wall: Abby just got home from school and said that your Natalie is in every class with Abby's friend Kitty and that Natalie's and Kitty's lockers are even right by each other and they sit next to each other in band. And then she said: "So, Natalie's one of us now." :) So I am happily relieved that she is doing well.
Isaac starts preschool tomorrow. He is going Monday - Thursday in the afternoons. He's excited! I'm excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay, what will you do with your free afternoons?? I'm glad your kids all adjusted well! I'm trying not to be too nervous to put Cam on a bus on Wednesday! I just hope he shows back up here 4 hours later, haha!
Back to school is one of my favorite times of year, but its always a bit of a shock to see how old the kids are getting...which means I'm getting old. In some respects, I feel older around September every year than I do at my birthday!
I love Karen's lunch bag! Cute girls!
Post a Comment