The next stop was my brother Steve's. It took about 1 minute for Karen and Ella to warm up to each other and then they were inseparable and got along so well for the rest of the trip. Isaac and Ivy took about 2 minutes. With the kids happily occupied, Steve, Andrea and I got to visit and I got lots of Owen time. He was born on June 9. I happened to be in town for his baby blessing on Sunday--perfect!
On Monday we went to Thanksgiving Point. We saw the Farm and the Dinosaur Museum (and had lunch at an awesome burger place--JCW's). The kids loved all the animals and interactive exhibits. The dino museum had areas where the kids could play with wet sand and dig for bones in dry sand. Very cool.
On Wednesday we went to Glenwood for a few days with my parents and Steve's family. Glenwood is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere and we absolutely love it! I used to go there as a kid for Warner reunions and I have so many happy memories there. I love taking my kids there now and they have just as much fun--maybe more fun because we 4-wheel, fish and ride horses.
| Natalie is old enough to drive the full-size ones |
| Karen learned to ride the little yellow one by herself |
The next highlight was riding horses. My Aunt Pat and Uncle Glen have horses and my cousin Carrie who also lives in Glenwood with her family spent a morning helping my kids ride. She led them around the arena once and then let them ride alone. They all loved it!
On Monday morning, my dad and I hiked the Y with the kids. Well, most of the kids. Natalie passed out half way up and didn't make it the rest of the way! It was scary at the moment but makes for a good story now. It must have been a mixture of altitude, dehydration, lack of breakfast and over-exertion. Isaac, Karen and Megan were troupers and made it up and back with little to no complaining. We were all rewarded for our hard work with lunch at the Brick Oven and ice cream from the BYU Creamery.
| Seconds before Natalie passed out |
![]() |
| At the top! |







1 comment:
Yay! Thanks for posting all of those fun pictures, especially of Glenwood! And that made me laugh that you were on an inflatable hotdog while I was delivering my baby! Miss you!
Post a Comment