Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trip to Utah

I went on my annual solo trip to Utah to watch BYU basketball and, of course, to visit my family. I arrive on a Wednesday afternoon. Becca/Becky picked me up from the airport and I got to see her darling kids. Cameron is so grown up and smart. Allie is so goofy and cute (she pretends to be a kitty). Claire is so little and sweet. And walking! We had grand plans to shop, but really had limited time so we met my mom in Draper and had dinner at Noodles & Co. Then we briefly browsed through Kohl's before my mom and I had to head to Provo to watch game #1. It was BYU vs St. Mary's. It was one of the best, most exciting games. But also the most heartbreaking. We lost by one point on a buzzer beating 3-pointer. Awful. But I was proud of my Cougars for a great game. The next day, Thursday, I was supposed to go to Salt Lake and hang out with Becky, but they ended up having the flu all week and I never saw her again. Boo. I had a lazy morning with my parents. They gave me an autographed BYU football. Awesome. We went to lunch at Five Guys and saw Bronco Mendenhall in the parking lot (last year I saw LaVell Edwards at the temple so next year I'm counting on seeing Dave Rose somewhere). We did a session at the Provo Temple. Then my mom and I went to Steve and Andrea's. We hung out there watching funny YouTube videos. Andrew, Ella and I had fun laughing about "ain't nobody got time for that". Ivy painted my fingernails. And Owen just has one of the cutest faces ever. On Friday we shopped at Old Navy and had lunch at Chick-fil-A. Then we went to Adam and Jennie's house for dinner. I got the grand tour of their awesome new home. It was fun to see Joshua, Jacob, Andrew, Sammy (who just loved me that night for some reason) and Eliza. Stan and Bethany came over too and my parents were there and it was a really fun night. Yummy salmon too. Saturday was another lazy day. My parents and I went to see The Life of Pi and had lunch/dinner at Cafe Rio. Then basketball game #2. We smoked 'em this time (we played San Diego). It was great fun. I love BYU basketball! I stayed the night at Steve's and he took me to the airport the next morning. It was a fun trip but great to get home and see my family. The next 2 days there was no school because MLK Day and snow and it was great so sleep in and relax. Can't wait for next year!

I love the white curtains during the pregame hype.

My really awesome autographed football (my parent's know one of the QBs who got it for me)
Owen modeling Ivy's new jacket she got for her birthday. 
Eliza. Can she be any cuter?
BYU vs San Diego. Much more relaxing without buzzer beating shots. 

No comments: