Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fun Youth Activities

I got called as Young Women president in June (after serving as first counselor for about 5 months). I love serving the young women but I sort of miss being second fiddle. We've had a few super fun activities the past few weeks. First up was glow-in-the dark tag. We all wore glow stick bracelets and necklaces and played tag in the dark gym. Before the games we watched Elder Bednar's Patterns of Light videos on the Mormon Channel.

 

Another week we learned about the Transforming Power of Faith (Elder Scott). We used an object lesson of "getting creamed" if you don't keep yourself unspotted from the world. The girls had a blast playing with shaving cream.



Isaac got in on the action too

For our combined activity we went ice blocking. It's something the youth always love to do. They never went last summer so I was happy to bring back the tradition. It took some doing to track down ice blocks, but thanks to the Amish in Middlefield (and my friend who knew the right spot) we got some!


Hannah and Brielle had fun with my phone while they were holding it for me so I could ride down the hill


I also got to attend the last day of Youth Conference in July (the day after we got home from Utah). We started with a devotional in the Kirtland Temple. Then breakfast, a hilarious stand-up comedian and testimony meeting. It was great to see the young women again after being gone for a month.


Jenna Kim Jones

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard of Jenna Kim Jones! That's awesome that you could have her come to Youth Conference!

Nancy said...

What fun!