Monday, August 26, 2013

Finishing up Summer

Jonathan and I attended the preseason NFL game between the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions. It was a BYU alumni event because Ziggy Ansah, a former BYU player, was drafted by the Lions. The game wasn't very exciting (although Ziggy did play quite a bit). But we loved the dachshund races at half time and the streaker that made it all the way across the field was pretty entertaining. It was also fun to be downtown Cleveland. Something we haven't done much of. The weekend before, we went to see Fiddler on the Roof with a group of BYU alumni. The play was so well done.


Robyn and I arranged a cousin swap. We met at a Wendy's in Youngstown and swapped Karen for Aaron and Hannah. I had 5 kids for the week, but it felt much easier than my usual 4. Isaac and Aaron played so well together, as did Hannah and Megan. And Natalie was busy with cross country and friends. And I heard that Karen had a blast with Rachel and Nathan. We swapped on a Wednesday and met up at Wendy's the next Monday. I wish I had more pictures. I got one of Isaac and Aaron dressed as the cutest witches I've ever seen.



Our ward had our second annual milk jug raft race. We improved our design from last year by securing the PVC pipe together with screws. Last year our raft fell apart as soon as it hit the water. Megan tied for first place in the first heat. It's a fun event.





Jonathan and I went to Steak-n-Shake with the youth as a back to school activity. The catch was we went there at 11:00 at night. It's a tradition that died last year and the young women were anxious to bring it back. It was a lot of fun and we had other fun youth leaders/parents to visit with.


Other than that, we played with friends as much as possible and watched waaaay too much TV.

Gracie and Karen

No comments: