Saturday, August 10, 2013

Run or Dye!

Natalie, my friend Rebecca, and I did a Run or Dye color. It was a blast! There were so many people and it was a really fun atmosphere. We covered ourselves in various colors of dyed cornstarch (imported from none other than Spanish Fork, Utah!). It didn't take long for us to be a colored mess!
Before picture



Rebecca's creepy hat was useful for finding her in a crowd.
We stood in the start chute for quite awhile waiting to go. They would send off 500-700 runners at a time. We were maybe in the 6th or 7th wave. We ran through 4 different color stations where people would throw yellow, green, blue and pink powder on us. I wish I had more pictures of us doing the run, but it was hard to have my camera out because it was so messy!
After the 5K, we met as a big group and all threw dye in the sky at the same time. It was pretty cool! It was a really fun way to run 3 miles. My time was one of my slowest ever, but it went by so quickly because we were having such a good time. You kind of wonder before what will be so fun about running and getting colored powder on you. But once you experience it, it's just really fun!

Before and after comparison


We were all color stained for a couple of days following the race. My stomach and back were a greenish yellow--I looked bruised!

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

I had pink gunk stuck in my ear for a few days after mine. Fun! Maybe we'll get to do a themed race together one day!