Thursday, March 27, 2008
Emergency Room
Karen slipped on the floor after her bath last night and cut her head on the door frame. It was a pretty deep gash that I thought needed stitiches. Jonathan and Natalie came home early from Cub Scouts and Activity Days at the church and Karen and I headed to Urgent Care. The doctor there said we needed to go to the ER. Karen got 3 stitches. They wrapped her to a papoose board in a sheet like a burrito. She did great while the doctor sewed her up. She got a little upset right at the end. We finally got home at 11:30 pm (she hit her head at 7:00). She is our first kid to get stitches--and hopefully our last. I'll take no broken bones as well. The cut is hidden in her hair so I can't really get a good picture of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh poor Karen! Can you imagine what mom must have felt like when I fell off the deck?!? That's great that she did so well in the papoose board, I wouldn't be able to see Cam strapped down like that. Remember when I cut my ear at that pizza place? Well, I'm glad she's okay and that it wasn't any worse!
I'm so glad she's doing okay! Don't you hate the ER? It makes everything feel scary.
how scary! she sounds so brave!
oh poor little thing!! sounds like she was very brave. what a cutie. i love the comment about a cutie pie vs. sweetheart. too cute!
Parenthood wouldn't be real w/o a few stitches. We know that story well.
I'm scared of this kind of thing happening! I'm glad she's okay.
Post a Comment