We made First Vision dioramas for Family Home Evening and Karen called them "dio-grammas". She also says she has to "grow up in the toilet" instead of "throw up". Fortunately she doesn't really have to--Megan was sick on Saturday and that's where she got it from. We went to the children's museum yesterday and the most exciting thing for Karen is eating her sack lunch. She loves juice boxes! Funny kid.
I looked up my chapter of MOMS Club International and someone is just starting a group here in my community. We have our first field trip next week to a pet store. I'm excited to meet her and the other moms that come. It'll start out as a small group but hopefully we can get it to grow. I was in MOMS Club in Georgia and I loved (and now miss!) my play group.
I signed Natalie and Megan up for Summer Academy at their school. It is 5 weeks long, 4 mornings a week. They are both taking sign language for one of the 4 classes. I'm so excited for them to learn more and they can teach me what they learn. And we can talk to cousin Rachel! The other great thing is that Summer Academy only cost $40. The sky high property taxes have to pay for something, right?!
I bought plane tickets to Utah last night (thank you Congress for the rebate)!! We arrive July 30th. Jonathan stays until August 6th and the kids and I fly home on the August 22nd. It's a direct flight so hopefully flying with 4 kids won't be too dreadful! I'm so excited to go to Utah. I miss my family so much. Karen asks for her Grandpa ("gra-gra") everyday and can't wait to go fishing with him. We are also driving to Cape Cod in June for a fun week with Jonathan's family. Natalie and Megan are so excited to see their long lost cousins Jacob and Joshua.
Jonathan and I had a date night last weekend. We had a yummy dinner at Panera, went to a home and garden show and shopped at Kohls. It was a fun, kid-free evening.
I signed Natalie and Megan up for Summer Academy at their school. It is 5 weeks long, 4 mornings a week. They are both taking sign language for one of the 4 classes. I'm so excited for them to learn more and they can teach me what they learn. And we can talk to cousin Rachel! The other great thing is that Summer Academy only cost $40. The sky high property taxes have to pay for something, right?!
I bought plane tickets to Utah last night (thank you Congress for the rebate)!! We arrive July 30th. Jonathan stays until August 6th and the kids and I fly home on the August 22nd. It's a direct flight so hopefully flying with 4 kids won't be too dreadful! I'm so excited to go to Utah. I miss my family so much. Karen asks for her Grandpa ("gra-gra") everyday and can't wait to go fishing with him. We are also driving to Cape Cod in June for a fun week with Jonathan's family. Natalie and Megan are so excited to see their long lost cousins Jacob and Joshua.
Jonathan and I had a date night last weekend. We had a yummy dinner at Panera, went to a home and garden show and shopped at Kohls. It was a fun, kid-free evening.
9 comments:
That is SUCH a CUTE picture of you with the girls!!! I love it! I'm so glad you bought plane tickets!!! YAY!!!!! I'm glad you got a date night, always a fun event!
Haha, there was actually no need to escape today....very odd. We're actually gonna go meet Nate for lunch today, so I decided to stay home and let him play until then....a risky move!! I can't wait until August!
That sounds like my kind of date! I'm glad you guys found a babysitter. And I'm jealous that you get to go to Utah! Maybe next year we'll make it back...
your girls are so cute! do people think megan and karen look alike? hey did you send me your address? :)
You are barely even going to be here in the summer! (Jealous feelings...) What a great way to use that rebate, though. Great picture of you and your girls...you look like you're one of the young ones instead of their mom!
Hey, if you're interested in the signing thing, my daughter and I have been doing "Signing Time", using four DVDs she got for Christmas, and she actually signs quite a bit. You're welcome to borrow one or two if you want to give that a shot, just let me know. It's a great thing and I'll bet your girls will learn TONS in an actual class.
Sounds like you are keeping busy. I'm jealous...with a newborn, I'm dying to get out more. Miss you lots.
What adorable kids!! Also, I love Natalie's blog. what a riot she is. I can't wait for Cape Cod!
Hey, I don't know if you do 'tag' blogs, but I've found it fun with my sisters and cousins. I'm inviting you to participate in a memoir blog. See mine to get details!
wow sounds like a fun filled summer! i love the pics with you and your girls--you are the cutest mama!
Post a Comment