Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freaky Bug

I found this creepy crawly in our basement this morning. Unfortunately Jonathan had already left for work so it was up to me to get rid of it! I tried to get Natalie or Megan to do it but they were as squeamish as I was. Megan was almost brave enough. She got a huge wad of Kleenex but couldn't bring herself to get it. I was about to hit it with a boot when Megan came downstairs with a plastic cup. It had crawled up on the box and we trapped it in the cup and then slid it into a plastic bag. Then I tied it off and ran it outside to the garbage. I was shuddering for a couple of minutes afterwards. I'm in the basement now--hopefully that was the only one!!

8 comments:

ashley said...

Ew! That makes my whole body itch... that is the weirdest looking thing!

Melinda said...

heebie jeebies! i'm squeamish about them, too. seen one here. great basement cleanup! and i totally love the whipped cream pics!

Robyn said...

Totally gross...I hate bugs in the house!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

That's a bit creepy. That one would be a tough one to get rid of...hope I don't see to many of the same here.

Sarah said...

Guess what - my husband had one of these run across his desk at school so he caught it and took it down the hallway to the entomology department and asked what it is - it is a "house centipede"...just in case you wanted to know!!!! :)

Kate said...

That picture is making my scalp crawl. EW! I'm such a wuss about bugs.

The Super Seven said...

Nasty!!! I hope I never see one of those is my house, I can't handle bugs and they don't get a second chance for freedom once they get in.......

Michelle said...

Wow, what is that? I've never seen anything like that before. We have lovely cockroaches here in New Orleans. They are creepy, but not as bizarre as that bug!