Friday, June 6, 2008

Brown Deer

We live in Brown Deer now--isn't that a cute name? The move was awful! Even though we are renting, I NEVER want to move again. So I guess we are here for the rest of our lives! The bright spots were the missionaries, the 4 men and the 3 boys from our ward that spent 4-5 hours of their Saturday helping us. It makes me think of the scripture in Matthew 25:40--"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
The house has been absolute chaos all this week but we are almost organized. I love the huge room in the basement. We have a TV area, an office area and a large play area. All the toys can be downstairs and the upstairs can stay neat--at least that is the theory. I'm sure it won't quite work out that way. Toys have this mysterious ability to make their way upstairs. I'm trying to adapt to a smaller kitchen--with each move my kitchen seems to get smaller and smaller. I'm going to actually get rid of stuff this time--the plan is lots of stuff. We will be truly pared down with the next move (ah, I said it, we will move again!). I want to have a garage sale. Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted to have a garage sale. We lived out in the boondocks when I was a kid so that never worked out. And usually I give everything to DI, Salvation Army or Goodwill. But maybe this time I will fulfill my random desire. I don't really want to do Craigslist or Ebay because I have lots of little random things.
Natalie and Megan have 4 more days of school. This is their eternal school year--they started on August 6th in Georgia and will finish on June 12th in Wisconsin. Fortunately they enjoy school enough to not care. I can't believe I'll have a 1st and 3rd grader soon!
Jonathan is at the Fathers and Sons Campout tonight. This should be his last one without a son! We both thought 10 months was a little young for Isaac to go. I'll post pictures when I find my camera cord. And my camera. Just kidding, I know where my camera is. I think I know where the cord is too but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get it right now.

5 comments:

Christian said...

I'm so glad its all over and that you had some help! We'll come help with anything else you need this weekend--even if you just need a break!

Becca Jane said...

You poor thing! Hopefully you'll stay put for awhile!! I can't wait to see you and to meet Isaac pretty soon!

Becca Jane said...

Can you imagine little Isaac being named George? So cute!! Henry is actually the middle name we're going to use if it's a boy, I love it!!!
Lila Green....you should use it! Mom would love that!

Melinda said...

Glad to hear the move went...well that you got in, if not that it went smoothly. I can't believe the girls have been in school so long! And it's great that Isaac will get to go camping with dad next year. Even toddlers enjoy things like that! Hope things go well with organizing a rummage sale and getting decluttered!

COLE said...

glad you are all settled! and i feel like that every time i move..."i will never move again!" but you really deserve to stay put for a while.