Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Arctic Chill

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE...DANGEROUSLY COLD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...AIR TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT ARE THE COLDEST OBSERVED OVER SOUTHERN WISCONSIN IN 13 YEARS...CONTINUED GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES AROUND 30 BELOW THROUGHOUT MUCH OF THE DAY...IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS WEAR SEVERAL LAYERS OF CLOTHING AND COVER ALL EXPOSED SKIN. FROSTBITE CAN OCCUR IN AS LITTLE AS 10 MINUTES.

11 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Wow! What about school?!! Sheesh I hope you guys are okay. We'll pray for you. That seems pretty crazy.

Anonymous said...

reason enough to move

Becca Jane said...

You should have come out here for the delivery.... We're in the 40s!! :)

Stephanie said...

Don't move back here for relief...we're getting the same thing! I say we we go visit BeccaJane!

Robyn said...

I sure hope it isn't coming our way! I guess that's what food storage is for....good thing you guys are prepared. (If it comes our way, we're not prepared). I hope Christian can drive safely home today!

Keri said...

Oh my, I can't take it anymore! I recently did a post about how I wish it were spring already, but we don't have it nearly that cold. Good luck!

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, come visit me!! Your new neice will want to meet you anyway!!

Whitney said...

Forget BeccaJane come see me we were mid-70's yesterday and today. My kids are wearing shorts and capris to school, I was too hot in long sleeves. We can lay out in my backyard!

Alexia said...

scary!

If it makes you feel better, it's freezing in dc. this morning my yes watered a bit because it was so cold (I promise I wasn't crying) and the tears froze to my cheek.

Melinda said...

Ugh. Don't remind me why I'm not even going out to get the mail today and why I'm on pins and needles knowing my husband has to DRIVE out there today!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Wow! We had 8 degrees once last week...but never a negative! (so far) I'm glad we don't have snow to go with it!!! come back! ;o)