Saturday, January 10, 2009

Serious Blog Block

I have had nothing to say as of late. I'm not a very good rambler and after the excitement of the holidays, there just hasn't been much to say. It has been nice to have the kids back in school, gymnastics, piano lessons, etc. The week flew by and I think it was because we were back into a routine and a schedule. We hit our year mark in Milwaukee. It has absolutely flown by. I think back to things that happened a year ago, and then I realize it was two years ago.
We had a fun New Years with Christian, Robyn & their kids. We went bowling. We intended to go sledding but it was too warm and all the snow melted. The kids got along as usual (although Karen and Nathan were extra mischievous this time). We had good food...especially quite a New Years Eve spread. It's fun to have more people to cook for since my kids usually sit down to dinner with a "yuck, we're having this?". And I got to eat Christian's omelets. We had fun playing Clue, Apples to Apples, and Scattergories. We are planning our next visit for Spring Break/Easter. We're so grateful to have them nearby. Here's a cool action shot of Megan bowling.
We buzzed Isaac's hair again today. I have to get used to the new look but he is as darling as ever. I love watching him walk everywhere. Hopefully soon he'll start saying more words. All we get now is juice and watch. I think watch is a random first word but it's what he says when we get in the car as he gestures towards the DVD player. It cracks me up. He also has a cute little babbling blurb that he says a lot. He'll be 18 months old next month and he'll go to the nursery at church. We can hardly wait!
Isaac's hair before the buzz
Isaac's hair after the buzz
Another shot of his eyelashes...I can't get enough!

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

I responded to your comment on my blog already. Haha!
I can't believe Isaac will be in nursery next month! How did that happen already?
Well, at this rate, she MIGHT not come until Jan 20!! No sign of anything yet....

Stephanie said...

A whole year in one place!? Congrats! Is that just a record for you guys or what?

The kids are getting sooooooo big! It's hard to imagine that you have been gone from here for that long.

Anonymous said...

nursery is a blessed thing. I also love a buzzed head!