Saturday, January 24, 2009

Straight to the Top

Today we went to the top of the US Bank building in downtown Milwaukee. Our friend, Ben Thomas, is an attorney for a firm that takes up the top 9 floors. On his last Saturday as an employee there (he's relocating to Chicago with his family...argh), we finally arranged to go see the sights and eat doughnuts in the break room. We had a great time and we appreciate Ben taking the time to entertain us this morning. The kids especially loved the express elevators.

Isaac, the future executive
A great view out of a conference room window on the 40th floor.
Karen enjoying a view of Lake Michigan
The kids eating doughnuts, drinking sodas and watching Sponge Bob.
Ben making a great shot.
Jonathan taking an even better shot.
Rockwell Automation (where Jonathan works) is the big building with the clock tower.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Could you see us across the lake?
I love Karen's pigtails!

Becca Jane said...

Isaac looks so cute in that pic! Yum, your post made me crave donuts now!

Catherine Faux said...

Haha I like how you showed Jonathan's even better shot! ps you guys always seem to have so many fun friends!

Melinda said...

Cool place! I love Isaac in the executive chair...so cute!

It was nice to have bumped into you yesterday evening...though you were probably wise to choose a different restaurant; after you left we still waited 20 min, for a total of an hour...geesh!

Stephanie said...

That looks so fun! I love floor to ceiling windows, but I think that I would be nervous up so high.

Every time I see Megan, I think she must be Natalie! Not that they look so similar, it just that's the age I always remember Natalie!

Whitney said...

I would have gone just for the donuts.