UPDATE: About the cake...I don't consider myself to be artistic, crafty, talented, etc. Jonathan cut the 9x13 cake into the shape. I'd planned on having him decorate it as well. But he was out running unauthorized errands (picking Natalie up from a birthday party turned into looking at computers at Best Buy), so I frosted the cake. Then while I was still waiting for him to come, I started the bridle and rein, then did more and more until it was done. I couldn't believe it turned out and I was quite pleased with myself.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Birthday Party
We had a birthday party for Karen with 8 adults and 11 kids. I thought that was a pretty good ratio! The kids made stick horses and then played games with them. We were hoping to do some games outside but it rained all day long. Next was Pin the Tail on the Horse (Jonathan wanted to do Pin the Horse on the Tail). After a chili dinner and burned corn muffins, we all took turns beating up a pinata with a stick. The horse cake turned out so cute and it tasted great. The best part of the party was when all the kids were downstairs playing and watching Scooby Doo and the adults got some quiet conversation upstairs. Karen asks everyday, "What was your high?". Today her answer to her own question was "all my presents I got for my birthday". It was a fun time but I'm done hosting for awhile. I had 2 playgroups and a party at my house this week...too much cleaning to only have it messed up again! Although Jonathan's birthday is April 1st and we should have a party...




UPDATE: About the cake...I don't consider myself to be artistic, crafty, talented, etc. Jonathan cut the 9x13 cake into the shape. I'd planned on having him decorate it as well. But he was out running unauthorized errands (picking Natalie up from a birthday party turned into looking at computers at Best Buy), so I frosted the cake. Then while I was still waiting for him to come, I started the bridle and rein, then did more and more until it was done. I couldn't believe it turned out and I was quite pleased with myself.
UPDATE: About the cake...I don't consider myself to be artistic, crafty, talented, etc. Jonathan cut the 9x13 cake into the shape. I'd planned on having him decorate it as well. But he was out running unauthorized errands (picking Natalie up from a birthday party turned into looking at computers at Best Buy), so I frosted the cake. Then while I was still waiting for him to come, I started the bridle and rein, then did more and more until it was done. I couldn't believe it turned out and I was quite pleased with myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
that cake is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!
Wow that horse cake is really well done. Good party ideas and so fitting.
Impressive cake! What a fun time for your cutie daughter!!
So 24 is CRAZY....
I am most impressed with your cake decorating skills. For my birthday I would like a unicorn cake instead of the horse cake.
LOVE the cake...so cute, and you did such a good job!
we have had pinatas at quite a few parties and I am amazed noone has ever gotten globbered!
That cake rocks!
Nick
nice job on the cake, it looks awesome! fun times :)
You are quite the party animal! And the cake? fantastic!
I would still love to get the potato soup recipe you made for us when we had Carson.
i love that cake!
Post a Comment