Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rockin' in Janesville

Emily, Amy and I headed to Janesville on Thursday night for our fill of The Lucas Cates Band. Lucas greeted us right as we entered, noticed our necklaces and pointed them out to Mark, the bass player. Fortunately he thought they were cool, rather than thinking we were insane for wearing them (which we are). We got the best table right up front and settled in for some great music. We all agree that the acoustics were better than usual last night. It was a nice setting too--smoke-free and it sort of felt like a family reunion. All ages and everyone seemed to know each other. There was some interesting dancing. Well, the dancing was fine. It was swing dancing and it looked like a blast. It was the dancers. One man was dressed in a pin stripe suit, lots of bling, white and black shoes, a fedora. He looked like a mob king. The lady was wearing an old-style dress, hat, fur and danced with no expression on her face. It made for great entertainment. I should have taken a picture. At times we wondered if we missed the memo indicating that it was a costume party. I bought their other CD and the 3 of us got t-shirts. They loved it when we all put them on and this scored us a great picture with the band and their vintage suitcase. Here Lucas is making notes on our request list. This picture is so blurry. I'm always too embarrassed to use my flash while they're playing because I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I'm taking their picture. But I liked this one with Kenny on his violin. After the suitcase picture, maybe I'll be less fearful next time.   

8 comments:

ashley said...

how fun, and lucas is quite adorable!

amy said...

i can't figure out why we didn't take a picture of those people either. such a fun night!

Robyn said...

I love it! You're such a groupie!

Brittany said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!

The Grush's said...

You were in Janesville? You were about 20 minutes from us and probably went through beloit to get here.

Becca Jane said...

I want to live in Janesville! Sounds like a fun night! Wish I could get in that tight with John Mayer....haha!

Alexia said...

that's so awesome!

and jealous. eI want to be best friends with a cool band.

Alexia said...

happy birthday!!