Monday, November 9, 2009

Happenings

Wow, a week flew by with no blogging. Natalie and Megan both got elected to Student Council this week. They are both pretty excited. I'm not sure that elementary school student reps do much, but it should be a fun experience for them. We celebrated at Culvers--I always like an excuse to eat there. They are both doing great with their piano and Natalie wants to start violin lessons. Get these Christmas requests--violin, desk, globe, xylophone, sewing machine. I love it.
Stake Conference was this weekend. It was very uplifting. We had dinner with Daniel and Katie Stewart before the adult session on Saturday. We ate at Noodles & Company--I had yummy, yummy pesto pasta. I want to go back and have more. Maybe I will for lunch this week... Katie and I got a few "are you sisters?" comments--we haven't had that in awhile. After the meeting, we went to their house and played a card game and snacked on a menagerie of pumpkin treats. The regular session of conference was today. Also good, but not quite as enjoyable with kids asking for drinks, food, bathroom breaks, etc. We saw a famous person at Stake Conference--Summer Naomi Smart. She stars in cheesy Mormon movies. I tried to get the kids to go say hi and ask for her autograph, but they were too shy and I didn't want to be annoying. I've since done some research and she lives somewhere in Milwaukee while her husband is going to medical school. She performed in the Chicago production of Wicked.
We are dog-sitting Molly, a delightful, well-behaved golden lab. Her humans are at Disneyland. My kids are in heaven. They shower her with attention. We took her to the park and threw a Frisbee and let her run around (ignoring the No Dogs Allowed sign). We had a warm, sunny, beautiful weekend. I'm actually warming up to the idea of getting a dog. Just not an inside dog. We'll see.

4 comments:

ashley said...

I helped my bosses daughter get on student council.. So technically I got onto student council :) And I thought every child wanted a xylophone for Christmas?

Robyn said...

I didn't know elementary schools even had student councils! Congrats, Megan and Natalie!
Poor Jonathan.

Kate said...

A family of budding politicians!

And a Daisy look-alike!

Tiffany said...

I miss Culver's! Got my Master's degree in IL and there was one close by!