Our tree is up, the other decorations are displayed, the "swirly trees" are lit in the front yard and Isaac's only broken one ornament so far. Now we just need a good snow storm. I know it's waiting until Jonathan leaves so I get to do the shoveling.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving
We had our first lonely, no-extended-family Thanksgiving. Plan A was to drive to New Orleans and spend the holiday with my sister and her family. Jonathan's new job put a halt to those plans. Plan B was to be lame and order a Honey Baked Turkey and eat at home alone. Plan C came together when a friend from church asked if I knew anyone that didn't have any plans for Thanksgiving. Um...we don't. Voila--we spent the afternoon with Brian & Martha Taylor & family, Martha's brother & family, and the Cheney's. I contributed Jell-O, mashed potatoes, chocolate creme pie and a pumpkin pie (my first ever). It was a fun afternoon filled with great conversation and food. We were thankful for the invite so we didn't have to be alone and pathetic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys have friends!
Silly snow. Its weird we haven't had any yet...but have no fear, it'll show up when you least want it!
Isn't Christmas an inconvenient time to move?
The snow will for sure come as soon as he leaves. I actually kind of like shoveling. There's something about sweating in the cold. :)
Post a Comment