Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Letters

Megan got a package from her class in Wisconsin yesterday. It was filled with handmade cards and handwritten letters from all of her former classmates. They were so sweet. They all wrote about how much they miss Megan and that they hope she likes her new school. It's left me feeling a little sad this morning about all that we left behind. I thought I was over this. Maybe I never will be.

I registered Natalie for the Ohio Virtual Academy last night. The plan for now is to home school her next year. Another casualty of the move--she no longer loves school. Before I couldn't schedule appointments during the school day because she didn't want to miss anything. Now she says her best moments are when she's not in school. I'm not sure at what point this will go away or if it will. Another motivation for home schooling next year is to see if she can do 5th and 6th grades in one year and then start 7th grade back in public school in 2011 with a larger group of her friends at church. It seems like a great program so I'm excited to try it out.

The sun was shining yesterday and all the kids played outside with the neighbors. One of the dads took Natalie and Megan for rides on his go-kart. They even got to drive it once.

Isaac got a long overdue haircut

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh how sweet of Megans class, and home school? I hope that works out well for Natalie. I am glad you were able to stay with us, it was so fun.

Adam Green said...

The letters are fantastic!! What an awesome idea to try the homeschooling. Maybe you need to have a field trip to Boston to study Early American History :-).

Keri said...

Change is hard, but those letters sound so cute! What a good teacher to do that. I am in awe of people that homeschool. I don't think I could ever do it. I'm required to volunteer 40 hours at my kids charter school, and I can barely get all that done. I'll be interested to read about your experience. :)

Stephanie said...

Definitely blog about your home schooling experiment. Here in Indiana, it is so frustrating because grade level is determined by age, not by ability. One of the effects of No Child Left Behind here was a mandate to try to keep kids with their agemates. Meaning low achievers get passed anyway & high achievers are held behind. :(

So cool that Megan's old class would write to her! What a nice sounding school; no wonder it was so hard to leave!