Thursday, September 9, 2010

Football!

I love BYU football. I inherited this from my mom. Growing up in Oregon, I remember going to the church with her to watch BYU football games via satellite. Since we still don't have cable or easy access to games, I have to invite myself over to people's homes to watch football games. This is a difficult undertaking when you live somewhere else almost every season. We watched with the Coles in Georgia, the Stewarts in Wisconsin and now our new best friends are the Godfreys! We went over on Saturday to watch the first half. The kids all played great (they also have 4 kids) and so did BYU! I was so happy they won. My plan is to get cable next year when BYU is independent and has that sweet deal with ESPN. We can't get DirecTV (aka The Mtn.) at our house unless we put the dish in our front yard because our trees are too tall. But next year we won't be limited to DirecTV anymore.
Here's Isaac being a cheesehead:
Our power went out early in the morning on Labor Day. So instead of sleeping in, we woke up at 6am to no lights, no TV, no computer, no kitchen, etc. We decided to go to the Waffle House for breakfast and the power was back on by the time we got home. It was a huge hit with the kids. We spent Labor Day afternoon/evening with our friends the Orts and Thorntons. It was a coolish day (70s) but Natalie and Megan didn't let that keep them out of the frigid pool in the Ort's backyard. Isaac and Karen had their swimsuits but never got in the water. It was fun BBQing, eating s'mores, and visiting. We got off on some random conversations about aliens and paranormal activity.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm always amazed at how my picky kids will put up with any temperature if there's a chance to go swimming... We spent Labor Day watching the kids swim, praying Aaron would be okay out of the water because there was NO WAY I was getting in the cold water with him!

Keri said...

Go Cougs!

Anonymous said...

I love Isaac with that Cheesehead. Don't ever forget the packers!
Nick

Nancy said...

I love BYU football, too. It will be fun to know that all of us are watching it at the same time across the miles. Rise and shout, the Cougars are out . . .!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed hearing how you did it---the BYU games
You are addicted and I love it!!!!!
Daddy