Isaac and I have a great morning schedule. On Mondays we go to the YMCA--he goes to child watch and I work out. After Karen gets home, we grocery shop. The grocery store here has child care. I can shop alone and the kids can play. Pure genius. On Tuesday he goes to Story Time. He loves it--and I get 30 minutes to myself to read and check out books. He gets to be in a marching band every week. On Wednesdays it's back to the Y for child watch and my Zumba class. My friend Rebecca and I are taking it together. I'm not very good at it (yet?) but it's fun and a good workout. On Thursdays Isaac has swimming lessons at the Y and I work out again. He cried the first week and didn't want the teacher to let go, but when I came back in the 2nd week, I found him floating around with a life belt and noodle all by himself. On Fridays we hit the Y again and usually try to set up a play date. Isaac is such a great little kid.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Whoa
Man, I got way behind on blogging. I kind of want to give it up but I'll keep plugging along since it's my journal. Life in Ohio has not been very exciting for me so I find it harder to blog here. But the kids continue to live and grow and I should document it.
Isaac and I have a great morning schedule. On Mondays we go to the YMCA--he goes to child watch and I work out. After Karen gets home, we grocery shop. The grocery store here has child care. I can shop alone and the kids can play. Pure genius. On Tuesday he goes to Story Time. He loves it--and I get 30 minutes to myself to read and check out books. He gets to be in a marching band every week. On Wednesdays it's back to the Y for child watch and my Zumba class. My friend Rebecca and I are taking it together. I'm not very good at it (yet?) but it's fun and a good workout. On Thursdays Isaac has swimming lessons at the Y and I work out again. He cried the first week and didn't want the teacher to let go, but when I came back in the 2nd week, I found him floating around with a life belt and noodle all by himself. On Fridays we hit the Y again and usually try to set up a play date. Isaac is such a great little kid.
Karen loves Kindergarten. She is making new friends and loving to learn. She told me about a new friend she had made and I asked her how she knew she was her friend--I was curious what her answer would be. She said she knew because the girl asked her if she wanted to be her friend. Cute. She gets home from school at 10:50--I wish her school day was a little longer but I'm really glad she has half-day Kindergarten. She's doing well with soccer. She's had 2 games so far. I'm hoping she figures out that there's no defense--if she does she should be able to score a goal. She makes a great goalie and is all smiles on the field. She got stung by a bee yesterday while watching Natalie's game. Her calf is all swollen and itchy--much like her hand was this summer. Poor thing.
Megan is thriving in third grade. She's in a double class--48 kids, 2 teachers, 2 classrooms with the wall removed. I had my doubts about it but they aren't doing it because of space or funding issues. It's because these 2 teachers want to teach this way. I asked Megan if she likes it--she said sort of. She's in the gifted reading program. I asked her if she likes playing soccer and she said I guess. Hmmmm... She's going to join a children's chorus called Madison Matinee. I hope she likes that! 
Natalie is going to start group flute lessons at school this week. She is so excited. We got her a flute a week ago and she's taught herself to get a sound and 3 notes. She's the same way with piano--very self motivating. It's great. She wants to learn the violin as well. I'm trying to find a teacher, but is 3 instruments too much? She loves soccer. Her team won on Saturday! Our family's first win. We are 1-5. Not such a good record but they are all having fun and that's most important. Right? She's also in the gifted reading program. Natalie has been taking great care of the cat. She cleans out the litter box which is the least glorified job and she never complains. She has also been 100% with her chores since we started a new system in August. It's been great to have the help. And I have to update that our cat is more normal now. She comes out a lot more. Her favorite spot is still under the couch though. 
Jonathan left last week for a business trip in Brazil. He'll fly to Utah in a couple of days for a recruiting trip at BYU. When he finally gets home on Friday, he'll have been gone for 11 days. We miss him a lot.
Isaac and I have a great morning schedule. On Mondays we go to the YMCA--he goes to child watch and I work out. After Karen gets home, we grocery shop. The grocery store here has child care. I can shop alone and the kids can play. Pure genius. On Tuesday he goes to Story Time. He loves it--and I get 30 minutes to myself to read and check out books. He gets to be in a marching band every week. On Wednesdays it's back to the Y for child watch and my Zumba class. My friend Rebecca and I are taking it together. I'm not very good at it (yet?) but it's fun and a good workout. On Thursdays Isaac has swimming lessons at the Y and I work out again. He cried the first week and didn't want the teacher to let go, but when I came back in the 2nd week, I found him floating around with a life belt and noodle all by himself. On Fridays we hit the Y again and usually try to set up a play date. Isaac is such a great little kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Fun update! I love getting to know your kids better. My life isn't very exciting either, which is why all I do is blog about how cute my kids are. I guess Nashville & JM were exciting, but that's about it! Well, when you look back, you'll love reading all of these posts...I always tell myself that my blog is for me and the kids...not for the mass. Some people are good at keeping their blog entertaining at the same time, but I'm definitely not! Oh well!
I laughed at Michelle's memory too in Dad's email today!!
Thanks for the updated info, DeAnn. Still miss you here, of course, but I'm happy to know that things are exciting for you there! Wow...for gym trips a week...amazing!
:)
Sorry you're not loving Ohio. Come be my neighbor... I'm LOTS of fun! haha. Your kids are cutie-pies as usual. Keep blogging! It's been fun to get to know you better through it!
I always love to read your updates!
Sounds like its time to come visit us again! I'm excited for Natalie and her music--its awesome that she's so motivated! We're pretty consumed by soccer, too, but our last game was canceled due to lightening.
You sound as busy as me! Chris also travels every couple months for about 10 days at a time. It's long, but do-able since it's not that often. :) Hope you're hanging in there!
P.S. I just started a zumba class too - so much fun!
So you have great kids! I am super impressed with all your YMCA trips. Of course your kids are in the gifted readers groups! :) You should be in an adult one. :)
Post a Comment