Sunday, December 12, 2010

Concerts

Tis concert season. For part of our family, at least. Megan had her 3rd grade Christmas concert. She was a penguin. She and the other penguins had to help Santa remember who he was so he could deliver presents. It was a cute program. Megan is also in a children's choir, run by a community arts center. They had their concert and did a fabulous job. They also sang at a Thanksgiving service just before Thanksgiving. That was a little painful because there was a whole, long, drawn out church service to go with it and I was having flu symptoms. This concert was much better because it was just 2 choirs and they each sang 6 songs. Then last night I got to go hear Jonathan play his cello in a 4 stake (Youngstown, Akron, Cleveland and Kirtland) production of Handel's Messiah. Wow is all I can say. It was inspiring and beautiful. We arrived early last night so he could warm up only to have the concert start an hour late because the 1st violinist was late. The show could not go on without her. It was worth the wait though. A very impressive performance. Natalie and Megan's piano recital is on Saturday...

1 comment:

Annelise said...

I am so glad Jonathan is getting so many chances to play his cello.