Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Somebody to Love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Look at these yummy cookies I made for dessert.Valentine's started early this year.The kids all had their school parties on Friday. Isaac was delighted that he got to go to Karen's kindergarten party and he got his very own treat bag. My Valentine's bouquet of tulips was delivered on Friday. The shipping was cheaper :) and it gave the tulips time to open up and look gorgeous on Valentine's Day. Jonathan and I went out to dinner Saturday night at a Mexican restaurant. So real Valentine's Day was just a regular Monday. But that's okay, because we don't usually really celebrate V-day, although this year it looks like we do. We did call my father-in-law for his birthday and sang to him. We need to practice next time because we were all singing different versions, speeds, beats, tunes, etc. He seemed to like it in any case. The kids picked these flowers out for me. Can you tell I like tulips? And my favorite part of Valentine's Day? Buying all the stuff 50% off the next day. I loaded up on chocolate and gifts for the kids this morning. Justin Bieber elicits strong reactions in this household. Natalie and Megan freak out and say they can't stand him. Karen and Isaac start dancing. Natalie and Megan act like he has the plague and Karen isn't sure if she's supposed to shun him like her sisters do or embrace him like her peers do.
Here are some silly pictures of Isaac. He's such a funny kid and always makes us laugh. I can't believe he's getting so big. My baby is 3 1/2.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have some awesome baking skillzzzzz! I love tulips, too, so I'm a little jealous of your bouquets (Devin & I don't really celebrate V-Day). Your kids are super cute, too. Did Natalie like the JB poster Kiana sent her? *he, he!*

Joni said...

We celebrated about the same way...way to hard to do it on a weekday. I love the tulips! That's what my husband gets me every year, too. Must be our "dutch blood".

Becca Jane said...

I'm jealous of your oven...those look SO yummy! Nate usually buys me tulips too, but I got daisies this year!

Sorry I missed your call tonight, I'll be around tomorrow too.

Cynthia said...

I see those yummy cookies and I think, "I need to make some cookies."

Anonymous said...

those cookies look perfect, how in the world did you make the frositng?? And I would tell Karen to follow her heart "baby, baby, baby oh baby..." cute pics

ashley said...

Love tulips so pretty!

And it's hard not to embrace The Bieb.. he does have some talent!