We took a trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana over the weekend. We got to visit Christian and Robyn who moved there--and yes they still only live about 4 hours away from us. We've kept this up in 6 states and 7 houses over 4 1/2 years. Even though they had
just arrived and had barely gotten their stuff, they were gracious enough to host us. We left Friday after school and made good time. After a quick hello and a tour of their new house, I drove Natalie over to her friend Alexis' house. We knew the Thomas' in Wisconsin and they moved to Fort Wayne this past summer. Natalie stayed there Friday night-Sunday evening and had the time of her life.
On Saturday, Robyn and I went to lunch with my friend Stephanie Snowberger--my neighbor from when we lived in Fort Wayne (August 2005-June 2006). Thanks to the internet, we've mangaged to keep in touch over the years and I'm so glad to have a reason to visit Fort Wayne now and get to see her more often. Jonathan and Christian worked hard all day stripping (ugly) wallpaper and installing a garage door opener.

Sunday we visited our old ward. It was funny explaining that we used to live in the ward and Jonathan's brother moved into the ward. After church we went over to the Thomas' for dinner. It was so fun to hang out like the old days--we used to get together with them on Sunday evenings in Wisconsin. After that we stopped by the Snowbergers' and had a blast visiting with them.

On Monday we tried really hard to come up with something to do--but the science center and botanical gardens are closed on Mondays. So Christian went to work and we headed home in a blizzard. It was a little scary at times but we made it.
Our time living in Fort Wayne was so short and I figured I'd never think about it again, but now so many people I love live there--my favorite neighbor, my TLCB groupie friend from Wisconsin and my family that we follow all over the country.
3 comments:
Thanks for coming--it was great motivation to unpack a few boxes and it helped us ease into our first week here. Come again--for us, or for all your other friends!
So much fun. I wish we didn't live so far away. Maybe you would come visit us too! Excited to see you in June though!
We were so glad to see you & even Devin commented on how much he missed having you guys around. After you left, Kiana told me "I just love those girls. They're the nicest girls ever!" I sure hope we can do this more now that you have family here!
Post a Comment