Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Karen!

We love our Karen. Anyone that gets to know her just loves and adores her. She's kind, funny, and sweet. She loves to color and draw (mostly horses). She loves school. She loves to tell jokes. She endures swimming lessons (aka Polar Plunge). She's begging to take horse riding lessons.A unique thing about Karen used to be that she celebrated each of her birthdays in a different house, city, and/or state. She was born in Ohio, turned 1 in Indiana, 2 in Georgia, 3 in Wisconsin house #1, 4 in Wisconsin house #2 and 5 in Ohio. Now she's turning 6 in the same house in the same city in the same state. Wow. I'm glad we've stayed (and are staying) put, but it was kind of fun to tell people that little tidbit.She had a fun day. She opened her presents this morning: horse/barn set, Legos, Mazin' Hamster, books, reading light...
Per family tradition, I made her sugar cookies shaped like sixes to give out to her classmates. Darn, never took a picture. I actually tried to frost them like I did my heart shaped cookies, but the 6s proved to be a tricky shape and I gave up and sent them in plain. Kids don't need the extra sugar, right?! We had her favorite dinner of bacon & eggs and then enjoyed her cake. Jonathan, Natalie and Megan created this:

Tomorrow is the birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. Please bless me.

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Wow, I have never noticed how much she is starting to look like Natalie!! SOOO much alike!!

Yum, I want sugar cookies! Will you make me some 30's? :) I keep meaning to get some number cookie cutters. I LOVED that tradition growing up.

That's crazy that she's lived in so many places! I wonder if that's how the Ruden kids all are, haha! A new house for each birthday!

Happy Birthday KK! Hope it was your best one yet!!

Lindsay Z said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS. And good luck at Chuck E Cheese. Kick some boo-tay!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Happy Birthday Karen!! Wow, crazy to celebrate a birthday in a different place each year! What a bunch of cute girls! Love the cake too!

Robyn said...

Happy birthday! That's a lot of party! Good luck at the party...

ashley said...

Your girls are so pretty. And bless your soul for enduring Chuck-e-cheese. I don't know if I could handle that!

Rebecca said...

Awesome cake! Happy Birthday Karen.