Monday, March 28, 2011

Stake Cellist

Jonathan had the opportunity to play cello in the orchestra for the 175th anniversary of the Kirtland Temple dedication. Very cool. He's had some great opportunities to play cello since moving here: This is Kirtland, Handel's Messiah, special musical number in sacrament meeting and stake conference and now this.What's not so cool is that I did not have the opportunity to hear him play. I watched the meeting via internet broadcast at the stake center. The sound was awful. We could barely understand the speakers. We couldn't hear the choir. The only music we heard was the harp playing the same 3 notes over and over and the flute very faintly in the background. And it all sounded like they were playing/singing underwater. It was kind of funny but very disappointing. I'm having a bad attitude at the moment that as the supportive wife of the resident cello player, I didn't get to hear the meeting (go ahead, tell me to get over it!). I told Jonathan he could use me as an excuse to say no next time he's asked. But really, I'm glad he's getting these cool opportunities. And we figure they have 25 years to figure out the sound for the next anniversary.

And speaking of disappointment...that BYU game versus Florida was a heart breaker. But what a fun season!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I hear you. Many a time I've been relegated to the back row, or worse, when Bryce got to sit front and center due to his calling at the time. One of these days, Jonathan will be the stake pres, and you'll be in the cry room. But at least you'll be in good company. AND if he gets sleepy up there, he'll HAVE to stay awake and alert. You are free to nod off. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. Who owns that temple now?

Nick

Joni said...

That would be a little frustrating! But how cool is that that your husband gets to do all these cool things! And you are also a very talented mother that has very talented children. You are an amazing woman, wife and mother!

Nancy said...

I guess they figure you got to hear him practicing at home--over and over. :o)

Anonymous said...

well that is a bummer, you should have been able to be there, sorry. very fun for jonathan to be able to play though :)

Rebecca said...

It wouldnt have been the same without Johnathan there to play! There were many of us who were able to enjoy the sweet spirit of the music played. Sorry you were not able to witness that, after all your his wife! I'm surprised you don't like practical jokes. It seems your girls like to have fun with stuff. Is that why? hehe...I think the "cupcakes" are awesome!! I've seen that somewhere before, I think on Rachael Ray. BYU is still the best in our book!