I was worried about having enough time to get the cupcakes decorated and the pizza for dinner made on time, but I needn't have worried. Poor Jonathan didn't make it home until 10:00pm! On a Friday and his birthday. So sad. He had a double crisis at work that he needed to solve. We finally ate dinner without him at 8:00. And opened one of his presents (Tangled) and started watching it before he got home. We paused the movie when he got home and opened presents (cheese, sauces, & drink mix...he's hard to shop for!) and ate cupcakes. He used his birthday money to buy an iTouch.
Isaac slept through the party.
In other news, we got 2-3 inches of snow on March 30. Crazy! I'm SO ready for spring.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Happy Birthday - April Fools!
Jonathan's birthday is on April Fool's Day. Since I think birthdays should be special, I do not torture him with jokes, pranks or shaving cream cakes on his birthday (nor do I torture anyone with pranks because I hate practical jokes...but anyway). But this year I found something fun to make on my favorite cooking blog ourbestbites.com.
Mashed potatoes and peas and carrots. So cute!
Buying the supplies was a bit of a rigmarole. I went to Wal-Mart to get runts and starburst. They had no runts so I bought a box of starburst...but it only had 2 yellow starburst and I needed more for the "butter" on the "mashed potatoes". I didn't have time to go to the grocery store right then, so later that afternoon I went to Giant Eagle. They had runts but no starburst. So I went back to Wal-Mart and bought 2 more boxes of starburst.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What on earth is a rigmarole???
Wow, you did great on those! Good job!!!
Those cupcakes look great! I wanted to try them, too...maybe next year:)
Happy birthday, Jonathan!
Whoa. That's candy?? AWESOME!! What fun for a birthday!
That is such a cute idea. Fun...yet non-threatening to Jonathan. He had a lot of crummy/hilarious birthdays. Funny to us and crummy to him.
That is such a cute idea. Fun...yet non-threatening to Jonathan. He had a lot of crummy/hilarious birthdays. Funny to us and crummy to him.
Happy Birthday Jonathan! Also, I love the cupcakes. You did a good job decorating them.
Post a Comment